Contact the California Employment Development Department (EDD) to request an application or to ask about the status of your application. To answer your questions about the Paid Family Leave or State Disability Insurance program, EDD has toll-free phone lines in several languages. You can view a list of phone numbers by language. You may also contact EDD online by clicking here.