It can be challenging to reach someone at the EDD by phone. If you aren’t sure whether you qualify to take Paid Family Leave, go ahead and submit your application and let them make the determination. But if you are having another issue with a claim that you need to talk to someone about and can’t get through, you may want to contact your state legislator’s office for help. You can find your representative here: Also try visiting AskEDD at