To apply for the SF PPLO supplemental compensation, a new parent must first apply for California Paid Family Leave through Once you apply for Paid Family Leave, you must fill out the SF Paid Parental Leave Form which you can get on the SF Office of Labor Standards Enforcement website. Your next step is to share this form and information about your benefit amount with your employer (the EDD will supply this information called “Notice of Computation”). You must then notify your employer when you receive your first Paid Family Leave payment from the Employment Development Department (EDD).

If you have any questions, contact the SF Office of Labor Standards Enforcement by emailing at, calling (415) 554-4190, or online at