Watch this short video to learn how to advocate for a policy.
- Find out who your representatives are. Go to findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov and type in your address.
- Two representatives will pop up: a senator and an assemblymember. Go to each website, write down their phone numbers, and save their numbers in your cell phone.
- Call your senator or assemblymember's office (depending on who has the next vote on the policy), and tell the staff person that you are a constituent.
- Say what policy (or bill) you are calling about, and ask if you’re speaking to the right person to leave a comment.
- Share why you’re asking for a yes or no vote on a specific policy (or bill). Sharing a personal story is an impactful way to influence your representative in their decision.