Yes. You can use Paid Family Leave to care for a family member with a serious health condition who does not live in California. You must still obtain a medical certificate from the healthcare provider to prove your family member’s serious health condition. The healthcare provider must be licensed or certified in the state or country where your family member is receiving treatment.